There’s no going back to shop-bought once you’ve discovered how simple it is to whip up a batch of homemade granola, especially when it’s of the perfectly crunchy, maple pecan variety. This recipe is gluten-free, vegan and has a sweet and toasty flavour that is so very moreish!
Each bowlful contains some great sources of healthy fats, fibre and protein. Sweetening naturally with maple syrup also makes it refined sugar-free (and arguably much tastier!).
How to Make Maple Pecan Granola
It’s super easy! Stir together melted coconut oil, maple syrup and cinnamon before pouring them over the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly, spread evenly across a lined baking tray and pop in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Whilst it’s baking, I like to give it a quick stir every 10 minutes or so. This prevents burning and ensures every morsel gets nice and crunchy.
This recipe includes pumpkin and chia seeds, but these could be swapped out for sunflower, flax, poppy or sesame seeds. If you’re not a cinnamon fan, try adding ground ginger, nutmeg or vanilla extract.
Granola is perfect for making ahead and storing, ready for those busy mornings (or midnight snacks). It will keep well in an airtight container for up to a month. Kilner jars are always a good option for storing dry foods.
Fresh berries and a dollop of your favourite yoghurt are a pretty great addition to homemade maple pecan granola. But, there are so many other ways to eat it! Why not try:
- Adding a splash of milk and drizzling with almond butter
- Using as a topping for your smoothie bowl
- Sprinkling on toast with peanut butter or jam
- Serving with baked fruit and ice cream
If you try this recipe, we’d love to know what you think! Leave us a comment below and tag us on Instagram @BlueSkyEating. Enjoy!
Simple Homemade Maple Pecan Granola
- 300 g whole rolled oats (certified gluten-free if required)
- 125 g pecans (chopped)
- 125 g pumpkin seeds
- 50 g chia seeds
- 110 g coconut oil (melted)
- 210 g pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 150 °C/300 °F
- Stir together coconut oil, maple syrup and cinnamon in a bowl
- In another large bowl, add oats, pecans, pumpkin seeds and chia seeds
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until well combined
- Spread mixture evenly across a lined baking tray
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes
- Leave to cool before storing in an airtight container for up to a month
Please note that nutritional information is based on estimated quantities and therefore not always 100% accurate.
Leave a Reply