Just when you thought a classic rocky road recipe couldn’t get any more delicious, enter the humble Kinder chocolate bar. It completely transforms these indulgent marshmallow-filled slabs with a newfound creaminess! These Kinder rocky road bars are super easy to make, require no baking and even feature an amazing gluten-free alternative to the Kinder Bueno bar.
What goes in Kinder rocky road?
The beauty of rocky road is how easy it is to make a big batch. A few simple ingredients are combined together, spooned into a tin and left to set in the fridge. It’s really the ultimate low effort sweet treat! This Kinder rocky road recipe includes:
- Digestive biscuits (gluten-free)
- Melted butter and golden syrup
- Melted Kinder chocolate bars plus extra chunks for on top
- Chopped up Schar Melto bar (the BEST gluten-free alternative to Kinder Bueno!)
- Mini marshmallows
- Raisins, currants or glacé cherries (optional)
Can I swap for a darker chocolate?
Absolutely! If you’re looking to make your rocky road squares a little less sweet with a deeper cocoa taste, you could swap out a quarter to a half of the melted Kinder chocolate with dark chocolate.
How long will rocky road keep?
Another great quality of rocky road – it will likely be demolished long before you have to worry about it going off! Keep in an airtight container and these tasty slabs will last well at room temperature for up to a week, or in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Can I freeze rocky road?
Yes – once sliced up, wrap each individual square in foil or baking paper and place them in a freezer bag/box. They can be frozen for up to 3 months. When ready to defrost your rocky road, thaw overnight at room temperature.
Looking for more no bake treats?
Why not try:
If you give these moreish Kinder-fied rocky road bars a go, don’t forget to let us know how you got on by leaving a comment and rating below. You can also tag us in snaps of your foodie creations on Instagram @BlueSkyEating. Enjoy! 🙂
Kinder Rocky Road Bars
- 225 g gluten-free digestive biscuits
- 550 g Kinder chocolate bars
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 75 g golden syrup
- 125 g mini marshmallows
- 150 g Schar Melto bars (5 bars) (or Kinder Bueno if not making gluten-free)
- 100 g raisins, currants or glacé cherries (optional)
- 2 extra Kinder chocolate bars (for on top, broken into squares)
- 2 extra Schar Melto bars (for on top, chopped into chunks)
- Grease and line a 9” square baking tin.
- Break the 550g of Kinder chocolate into squares and microwave in 30 second bursts until completely melted. Set aside to cool.
- Cut the butter into chunks and add to a saucepan with the golden syrup. Melt together over a low heat. Set aside to cool.
- Whizz up the digestive biscuits in a food processor. Alternatively you can place them in a zip lock bag and bash them with a rolling pin until broken down into crumbs. Transfer the crushed biscuits into a large mixing bowl.
- Chop your 150g of Schar Melto bars into chunks and add these to the biscuits, followed by the mini marshmallows and raisins/currants/cherries if adding. Mix everything together lightly with your hands.
- Pour in the melted butter/syrup mixture, followed by the melted kinder chocolate. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined baking tin and make sure it’s spread out evenly.
- Push the extra chopped chunks/squares of Kinder chocolate and Schar Melto bar on top.
- Refrigerate until completely set – about 4-5 hours.
Please note that nutritional information is based on estimated quantities and therefore not always 100% accurate.