Who doesn’t love a fritter? There’s something great about that crispy on the outside, soft in the middle texture. If you’re tired of boiling or roasting your veg, these easy gluten-free vegetable fritters with sweetcorn, peas, carrot and spring onion are such a simple and tasty alternative. This recipe makes approx 10-12 nutritious veggie-packed bites. They’ll be ready to eat in just 25 minutes.
These little nuggets of goodness are also the perfect way to use up any leftover vegetables you might have lurking in the back of the fridge or freezer. I tend to stick with the base of sweetcorn and spring onion. They definitely provide the most flavour to the fritters. But, grated or finely chopped courgette, broccoli or red pepper could easily be used in place of the other veggies.
What to Serve with Vegetable Fritters
Fritters are made for dipping! Try with a side of creamy guacamole, hummus or good old ketchup. If making as part of a main meal, they’ll go perfectly with rice, quinoa or new potatoes and some fresh salad. But they can also be enjoyed as a satisfying snack!
Do they keep well?
For the best and crispiest texture, eat when freshly fried. However, leftover fritters can be kept in the fridge for about 3-4 days, or in the freezer for up to a month. When ready to eat, simply pop in the oven until heated through and this should help to crisp them up.
I hope you’re inspired to give these a go! If you enjoy making these veggie fritters, don’t forget to take a snap of your creations and tag us on Instagram @BlueSkyEating. We’d love to see how you get on. 🙂
Easy Gluten Free Vegetable Fritters
- 150 g sweetcorn (frozen or canned)
- 150 g peas (frozen or canned)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and grated)
- 1 bunch spring onions (green tops only, chopped)
- 2 large eggs
- 120 g plain flour (gluten free if required)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 4-6 tbsp olive oil (for frying)
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs
- In a large bowl, add all of the remaining ingredients, followed by the beaten eggs
- Combine with your hands or a spoon until thoroughly mixed
- Transfer about half of the mixture to a food processor and blend for a few minutes until smooth, scraping down the sides when necessary
- Add the blended mixture back to the large bowl and stir everything together
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat
- Add about a tablespoon of the mixture to the pan per fritter, using the spoon to flatten and shape each one
- After about 2 minutes, or when the bottoms are nicely browned, flip them over
- Fry for another 2 minutes on the other side
- Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen towel to soak up some of the excess oil
- Serve whilst warm
Please note that nutritional information is based on estimated quantities and therefore not always 100% accurate.