Wholesome, rich, oozing with spicy flavours and warm melty brie. This chorizo gnocchi dish definitely fits into the comfort food category! But, it’s not lacking in goodness either. An array of colourful veggies make this easy gluten-free meal extra tasty and nourishing. Requiring one pan and 30 minutes, it’s simple enough to prepare on a busy weeknight.
I think gnocchi is one of those love it or hate it foods, but I know many share my love for that pillowy not-quite-pasta not-quite-potato texture. In this dish, gnocchi does the perfect job of soaking up all the amazing flavours from the chorizo and vegetable stock.
To make this cheesy chorizo gnocchi, use dried, cured chorizo that comes in a sausage shape rather than the thinly sliced version. This will be easier to cut into small chunks and releases more flavour as it cooks. Also, go for the ripest and squishiest brie you can find!
Where to find Gluten-Free Gnocchi?
I’ve had luck finding gluten-free gnocchi in both the free from sections and with the dried/fresh pasta in various large supermarkets. Those not in the free from section often aren’t even noticeably labelled as being gluten-free. Always take a quick look at the ingredients and you might get lucky. Most GF versions are made with potato and rice flour.
If you try this one for yourself, let me know how you get on. 🙂 Comments, questions and ratings are always much appreciated. To make sure we see your Instagram photos, don’t forget to tag us @BlueSkyEating. Happy cooking!
Cheesy Chorizo Gnocchi with Pepper, Tomato & Spinach
- 250 g gluten-free gnocchi
- 70 g chorizo (finely diced)
- 80 g brie or camembert (chopped into thumb-sized chunks)
- 1 yellow pepper (chopped)
- 1 large garlic clove (crushed)
- 150 g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- Fry the diced chorizo on a medium heat for a few minutes
- Add the crushed garlic and fry for another minute
- Add the chopped pepper and cook until slightly softened
- Pour in the vegetable stock and stir through
- Add the cherry tomatoes, stir and reduce to simmer
- Cook and drain the gnocchi as per the packet instructions.
- Add the spinach and brie to the main pan and stir through until the spinach is wilted and the chunks of brie are nicely melted. Finally, mix in the cooked gnocchi and serve.
Please note that nutritional information is based on estimated quantities and therefore not always 100% accurate.